Sunday, November 13, 2011

Little Victories

Hello Friends! I haven't done much creative cooking in the last couple of days, but I had a victory this week, and I just had to share. 

So last night, I desperately wanted to completely cheat on the plan, go to Auntie Pasto's, and pig out on something creamy, carby, and terrible for me. But I didn't. I ate the food in my fridge and kept the calorie monster at bay for the day. I even went to bed when I started to feel hungry for a late night snack. I spent most of the evening dreaming about how I could blow the meal plan today instead. And then, I got on the scale this morning...

For at least 3, probably more like 4 years, I've weighed in at over 200 pounds according to my bathroom scale. I still remember the day it made the jump over that mark, and I've watched it creep up and up since then. When I started this health & fitness thing, I knew my first benchmark would be getting (and staying!) under 200. Well, I'm proud to announce that my scale read 196 this morning!  It was at 199.8 yesterday and the day before, but I wasn't quite ready to call that "meeting the goal" since an extra glass of water would probably have put me back up to 200... but today, I'm solidly inside the line, and I plan to stay there!

So, how did I celebrate? Well, that's another little victory. I got up, took the dogs on a long, hot, sweaty walk where they started trying to turn into other people's driveways about halfway through cause they were so hot and tired. Then, I came home and had a "decadent" breakfast - 2 eggs with yolks, and a bagel with laughing cow (creamy enough to fool me into thinking it's cream cheese but WAY less calories & no fat!). Well, at least it felt decadent. Grand calorie total: 284. Amazing how quickly priorities can change, isn't it?

Hope you're having a great Sunday, and that you have little victories in your own battles this week. 

1 comment:

Alisha Ryan said...

I'm so proud of you! Your breakfast sounds so yummy.